Thursday, March 11, 2010

Those unbeatable combinations

The grilled cheese/tomato soup combo is a great, classic, American unbeatable combination. As I've said before tomato soup is hard to come by in Korea - as is cheese. However I have discovered a truly amazing unbeatable combination in Korea: the kimbap + spicy ramen combo. It is akin to the grilled cheese/tomato combo because it has the same sort of dipping theory. Except, instead of dipping the eater takes a huge kimbap piece shoves it into the mouth, chews a little, and then takes a large steaming sip of spicy ramen to help wash it down. Mmmmm. It's the perfect lunch. So, if ever in Korea and in need of a cheap and quick lunch, I recommend any local kimbap nara and ordering the plain ramen (it will most likely be the spicy kind - because I've never seen anything else) and any kind of kimbap (my favorites are the tuna kimbap, ham kimbap, and Tonkatsu kimbap).






*Although I've made kimbap at home, I've found it's much cheaper, easier, and more delicious to seek out the nearest kimbap nara and chow down.

1 comment: