Sunday, December 13, 2009

What's Christmas without....

.... the smell of a fresh cut fir tree. Who doesn't want to admire the twinkling Christmas lights on the tree and inhale that yummy, fresh, crisp tree smell? Unfortunately, our fake tree was lacking that special smell. So, I went on a small mission to find some sort of air freshener that would make our little apartment smell like Christmas. And what do you know, 20ft into E-Mart*, there's a Christmas display with aromatic candles and air fresheners. The scents were lavender, peppermint, rosemary, eucalyptus, and PINE. I'm not sure why, but the pine scent was twice as expensive as any of the other scents. However, my commitment to the Christmas spirit never wavered and I shelled out $20 for our Christmas smell, crossing my fingers that it would smell like a Christmas tree.

So, does it smell like Christmas? Sort of....I think it smells like a mixture of Old Spice and the blue Lever 2000 bar soap. Whatever, close enough, it now sits discreetly underneath our fake Christmas tree emitting "pine-like" vapors. And, as a well prepared Christmas enthusiast, I bought a back up peppermint candle. Which definitely smells like peppermint candy canes. Yum.


*E-mart - is kind of like the Target/Walmart for Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment