Thursday, September 10, 2009

some things never change

I went to one of the three Starbucks in Gwangju yesterday with my co-teachers. Its next to a dunkin' donuts, krispy kreme, kfc, and outback steakhouse. Its weird how the Starbucks in Korea is exactly the same as the Starbucks in the states. It has the same furniture - you know those semi-comfy, purple, plushy armchairs even the same sell-out musicians are featured in the Korean Starbucks (Taylor Swift and Sia). And yes they were playing Dave Matthews Band. My co-teachers even told me their favorite drink at Starbucks was a carmel macchiatto. I confess that the green tea latte from the Korean Starbucks is more delicious than ones that I've ordered in Seattle. It was less sweet and more green-tea. Sorry Seattle....

1 comment:

  1. well, duh. Asian know how to make green tea. not white ppl :p

    -Tracy

    ReplyDelete