Wednesday, June 9, 2010

World Cup

This week I've been teaching my student's a dialogue about the world cup (see below). It also includes the Korean translation if you need/want to talk about the world cup in Korean.
Person A: Did you watch the game on Saturday?
너 토요일 경기 봤어?
Person B: Yeah, Korea won.
응. 한국이 이겼어.
Person A: Really? Was it a good game?
정말? 경기 훌륭했어?
Person B: Yes, Park JiSung scored 1 goal.
응, 박지성이 1골 넣었어
Person A: Wow! That’s great.
와우, 멋진걸

In addition to talking about the world cup all week with my students - we (well, more me than V) also made a calendar time table. Unfortunately, South Korea is 7 hours ahead of South Africa so, most of the matches will be played at either 3:30am or 11pm... not so ideal for us 9-5ers.



Korea's world cup slogans are:
"Fighting Korea!" - "fighting" is konglish for "go" or "I support" or something along those lines....
"Shouting Korea!" - hmm... I dunno



No comments:

Post a Comment