Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Teaching EXP

This semester has given me 3 experiences that made me feel more like a real teacher.
First, I had to break up a fight. The kind with hair pulling and a kid that throws a chair and breaks a computer. I will be ready to block chairs in the future.
Second, I was locked in my classroom, not once, but twice. Punk kids locked it from the outside with a metal pin. Taking the window exit did get me a little dusty. Nice try kids.
And third, on a lighter note, some kids at both schools said I have a nickname. I was amused when they showed me pictures of "Mr. Brush" complete with a brush for his hair (more like a feather duster). Too bad I didn't save the drawings. They weren't bad.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like both you and Naomi have had some encounters with some of the more "challenging" students. These kinds of experiences make you realize, both, what many teachers face every day, as well as, how emotionally damaged some student are and what they have to deal with every day in their lives. Many kids have to face more pain in their short lives than many of us have had to deal with in many, many more years of living.

    ReplyDelete